Hello! So much things happened over the past week and I haven’t found the time to blog about it yet! Our schedule’s pretty light this week so I’ll probably be able to upload, edit and write about it already. Anyhoo, notice the title of this blog entry? Yup, you read that right! HEALTHY LIVING.
I’m not exactly going on a diet, because diets are….. short term kinda things. So I’m sticking with healthy living. 🙂 It’s not that I will forever and ever give up the things I love a.k.a junk food, fast food and whatnot. I’ll just be eating more of the healthier stuff! It’s a personal choice!
Here’s what I do:
- No pork AND beef unless it’s unavoidable (friend’s house, restaurant, only available food)
- No soft drinks (I’m not really a coke drinker or any soft drink for that matter so this is really easy!)
- Jasmine Green Tea every night after dinner. (read: it’s a must after eating oily/fried food!)
- Minimal cheese, salt, butter, etc!
- If I want chips… I stick to Nova, the multi-grain Piattos and homemade sweet potato fries!
Of course, working out is an essential to healthy living! I try to go to the gym everyday except weekends. It also depends on the amount of school work I have to deal with. I usually just run 3k, some core exercises and lift weights. When I’m in the mood, I do circuits! Gotta love ’em burpees.
I was planning on trying the master cleanse this week since we don’t have academics but then my mom takes breakfast seriously. She will not let me leave the house with an empty stomach…. So instead of just drinking the lemonade the whole day/week. I came up with a modified plan!
Breakfast: yogurt and oatmeal
Rest of the day: lemonade!
Let’s see if I’ll last. I’m not doing this just for weight loss but also for detox! I hope it works. 🙂
Wish me luck!